Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing 1 and Thing 2 and Thing 3

Okay, to make up for lost time, I've been trying to get two things done a day versus the usual just one thing a day. (Actually, today, I got three things done, but who's counting?)

Thing 1:
I made a better version of the option box. In the old version, you could only answer yes or no, but with the new version, the text of the options can be customized. Say you want to pick between black and white, or Bill and Ted. That's now possible.


(you can see the new text engine in action too here)

Sorry about the video quality. It makes the checkerboard floor look animated.

Thing 2:
Sokoban. Pretty much the same as the old version, except with a minor change. Before, if you held on the button to push the block, it would continue to move with you. Now, it only moves once per button press.


Thing 3:
The camera was very boring in the first version of the Super Immortal Role Playing Engine, so I'm going to add in a more active camera (I think I mentioned this before, but I finalized it today.) This will be useful for more cinematic story telling.

That wraps it up. As Blue says in the video, I'm going to work on NPC movements, and ini files now.

No comments:

Post a Comment