Thursday, June 17, 2010

Known Abilities

Today, I worked on the "known" spell system. I made it so you can add and remove spells for debugging, but this will be done through various events in the game--say you find a special item, and it teaches you how to use fireball. Or say you meet a kung fu master, and he teaches you how to do round-house kicks.

It was mentioned earlier that it would be awesome if you could level up spells, and I wholeheartedly agree with this notion. However, because of time issues, it's a feature that I have decided to leave out of the initial versions of the engine. But I want it to be clear that this is something the engine will have. I also have an "age" system planned for the known moves, where if you don't use your known abilities enough, they actually "un-level"--basically a use it or lose it sort of thing. But this too will have to wait to be implemented. Again, this is so I can stay on schedule.

I'm going to start working on battles really quick here, so stay tuned. Things are just getting warmed up.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah a level system for spells is an excellent idea ! So... each level increases the effect of spell ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each spell will have its own experience points. Then, upon level up, you'll be able to allocate points towards base damage, accuracy, defense effect, etc.

    ReplyDelete